Pros of XLNTbrain:
- Tests and symptoms reporting can be documented
- Integrated balance testing
- Sideline app
Cons of XLNTbrain:
- No FDA clearance
- “Virtual neurologist” may not be sufficient for making reliable return to activity decisions
- Little supporting research on clinical utility, reliability, or validity
- Limited data security measures
What is XLNTbrain?
XLNTbrain (pronounced excellent brain) is an online concussion test for sports that aids healthcare providers in the identification and management of head injuries. This concussion testing software includes a concussion baseline test, sideline evaluation / balance test, post injury test, daily symptoms checklist, and a 5-step concussion recovery protocol. The results are displayed as a pentagon that visually demonstrates 6 domains: verbal, non-verbal, non-verbal memory, attention, emotional reactivity, and verbal memory.
Is XLNTbrain FDA cleared?
XLNTbrain is not FDA cleared for assessing concussions. Here’s a list of FDA products cleared for assessing head injuries.
Before making any decisions, read through the Buyer’s Guide for 8 questions you should be asking before choosing a concussion assessment tool.