Pros of Sway:
- Reliable balance test for vestibular issues
- Sway app makes the test mobile and easily administered
- Integrated balance, symptoms, and reaction time measure
Cons of Sway:
- Body sway is not an established measurement for assessing concussions
- Is not FDA cleared for assessing concussions
- Limited to measuring balance and simple cognitive measure
- Not designed as an exclusive device to manage concussions
- Limited clinical research
What is Sway Balance?
Sway Balance is a mobile balance app created by Sway Medical. This postural balance and reaction time test is used by clinicians to identify balance deficits.
Is Sway Balance FDA cleared?
Sway Balance is not FDA cleared for assessing concussions. Here’s a list of FDA products cleared for assessing head injuries.
Before making any decisions, read through the Buyer’s Guide for 8 questions you should be asking before choosing a concussion assessment tool.