|Micky Collins, PhD||UPMC: Emerging Frontiers in Concussion||Sports Concussion||Pittsburgh, PA|
Become an ImPACT® Client:
Frequently Asked Questions
ImPACT TEST: Interpretation
- What is the Cognitive Efficiency Index measure? What is the formula?
- Who can interpret the exams?
- If any given athlete did not have baseline testing, and then clearly had a concussion or symptomology during competition, what, if anything, would repeat testing tell the training staff. I presume that there are norms by age, sex, etc?
- How do I get the baseline and post-injury test to show up on the same report?
- I am trying to locate articles that discuss the use and validity of ImPACT for patients other than the athletic population, ie trauma patients. Where can I find these?
ImPACT TEST: Baseline Testing
- What is the best way to test large numbers of athletes?
- How often should athletes be given a baseline test?
- What if I don't have a baseline on an athlete?
- Why does ImPACT discourage home based testing?
- Who should I baseline?
- Can an athlete who is color blind be tested?
- How many athletes can I test at one time?
ImPACT TEST: Post Injury Testing
- What do we do after a concussion? Who should interpret the test results?
- When should ImPACT be given following a concussion?
- What code is recommended for billing for baseline test for athletes?
- What is the best way to bill to receive reimbursement?
- In addition to the E&M codes, would MDs use CPT codes 96118 and/or 96120, or should they just use a higher E&M code? Should they use modifiers?
- Do you have any helpful information or documents on billing?
- What kind of reimbursement can be expected from insurance?
- Where can I learn more about my billing questions?
DOCTORS: Return-to-Play Issues
- Where can I find information on a student-athlete's return to the classroom after a concussion?
- How close to the Baseline scores must the Post-Injury scores be before the athlete can return to play?
- How often do you administer the ImPACT test during an athlete's injury?
- Do you administer the test when an athlete still has self reported symptoms?
- Have you found that athletes who perform the test have increased symptoms following the test because of increased cognitive function?
ImPACT's workshop was exceptional it [was] content rich. The review of the research based data about concussions, multiple sequel head injuries and how to develop critical management plans is exciting information.
- Anna Boller, Waterford School, UT
More About ImPACT®
Headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, ImPACT Applications, Inc., is a provider of computerized neurocognitive assessment tools and services that are used by health care professionals to assist them in determining an athlete's fitness to return to play after suffering a concussion. At the current time, ImPACT is being used for concussion management services at more than 7,000 high schools, colleges, sports medicine centers, and professional teams throughout the world.