Children's Healthcare of Atlanta Sports Medicine Program
Harold King, MBA, ATC, LAT
David Marshall, MD
David Kloehs, M Ed, ATC, LAT
David M Popoli, MD
Medical Office Bldg, Ste 300, 1001 Johnson Ferry Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30342
Phone: (404) 785-7570
About the Children's Healthcare of Atlanta Sports Medicine Program
The Children's Sports Medicine program is one of the few programs in the country dedicated to the care of young athletes. We offer comprehensive medical and orthopaedic services for student-athletes at the elite, high school and middle school levels.
The Children's Sports Medicine program is led by David Marshall, M.D., Medical Director. Our expert staff is highly experienced and trained in pediatric orthopaedic sports medicine.
We work one-on-one with patients to provide an individualized sports injury assessment based on the maturity, skill level and performance goals of each athlete.
Visit www.choa.org/sportsmed for more information.
About the Childrenâ€™s Sports Medicine Concussion Program
The Children's Sports Medicine program features a concussion management program for athletes who have suffered head injuries from accidents, sports or other activities.
The program is designed to address the specific needs of middle school, high school or elite athletes. The focus is on education and prevention as well as accurate assessment, recovery and facilitating a safe return to activities.
Concussed athletes who come to Children's for care have access to our multidisciplinary board-certified pediatric staff:
* Sports medicine doctors pediatricians with additional training in sports medicine
* Clinical neuropsychologists psychologist with training and experience in understanding brain-behavior relationships
* Certified athletic trainers healthcare professionals who specialize in preventing, recognizing, managing and rehabilitating injuries that result from physical activity; work under the direction of a licensed physician
* Neurologists doctors who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of nervous system diseases
* Neurosurgeons doctors who specialize in surgery on the nervous system
* Physiatrists (Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation) physicians who specialize in treating neurological, musculoskeletal and functional problems
To have your athlete(s) tested using the ImPACT concussion management system, contact us at 404-785-5998.
Visit www.choa.org/concussion for more information.