ImPACT® Test Administration
1. All examinations must be monitored by an athletic trainer, doctor, or other qualified medical professional who is familiar with the software.
- Test administrator should complete the Getting Started with ImPACT webinar.
- Test administrators should take ImPACT a minimum of three times to become familiar with the test.
- Test administrators should understand the importance of obtaining a quality baseline test.
2. Group administration is encouraged to expedite baseline testing.
- Groups of 10-15 athletes optimal.
- Optimal performance of each athlete is critical to establish "true" baseline.
- Close proctoring of exam necessary to minimize "horseplay."
- If possible, leave one empty terminal between test takers.
- Testing should never be completed at home or without supervision.
- Complete demographic information screen-by-screen and as a group.
- Allow athletes to complete symptom inventory and neuropsychological tests at their own pace.
- Encourage athlete to raise hand if they have questions.
- Relay the importance of understanding directions of each module before proceeding.
- Stress that athletes must respond as quickly as possible on timed tests.
3. Post-concussion testing is recommended within 24-72 hours after injury.
- Post injury testing can be in the athletic training room, doctors office or any controlled testing environment
- If you do not have a doctor that you currently consult with, please refer to the Find a Doctor section of our website.
- If the doctor has access to your database, they can log on to view the report. If they do not have access to your database, you can email or fax them a copy of the clinical report.
- Contact ImPACT technical support if assistance is needed.
Become an ImPACT® Client:
ImPACT has allowed us to treat the clinically-complex sports-concussed athlete with a greater degree of confidence to ensure a safe return to sport.
- John Brannan, MD, CIC, Beacon Orthopaedics, Cincinnati, OH
More About ImPACT®
Headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, ImPACT Applications, Inc., is a provider of computerized neurocognitive assessment tools and services that are used by health care professionals to assist them in determining an athlete's fitness to return to play after suffering a concussion. At the current time, ImPACT is being used for concussion management services at more than 7,000 high schools, colleges, sports medicine centers, and professional teams throughout the world.